Hidden among the Mayan jungle and bathed by the Caribbean Sea waters, The House of AïA was conceptualized around the idea of creating a jungle-immersed temple for self-discovery, reconnection, and healing in communion with Nature.
The fast-paced, competitive world we’ve created has people constantly looking for distractions, trying to fill up the voids with stuff, forgetting to be present, disconnected from our bodies, from each other, and Nature.
A good yoga practice, whether you prefer a solo practice or attending a yoga studio with trained professionals, helps to purify and harmonize body, mind and spirit, bringing physical, mental and emotional benefits.
Recognized by Unesco as world heritage, this ancient Indian discipline is practiced worldwide without discriminating against age, weight, gender, class or religion.
Yoga is not a competition about having a slim, perfect body, nor being able to perform difficult asanas (physical poses), it rather helps you shed all the negativity from media’s toxic beauty standards and encourages you to feel comfortable in your own skin, reawakening your soul and bringing your divine nature to life.
Yoga and meditation take us on the path to mindfulness through a series of poses, meditation, controlled breathing, word chanting and other techniques. In this process, we learn how to sit in the present moment, and notice every sound, sensation, and action without judgment.
Vowing to practice non-violence (Ahimsa) towards ourselves and others, Yoga recognizes our intimate connection to everything on the Earth and in the Universe.
Palmaïa allows you to follow the Ahimsa philosophy from the very moment you wake up until you go to bed, with Cruelty-Free suites and amenities, as well as more than 100 plant-based dishes in all restaurants, to take your yoga practice to another energy level.
Yoga and Nature, it’s all connected
As we focus on our body, breath, and mind, we develop an awareness of our own energy – our prana, or life force – over time, as we practice, we come to realize that we share the same life force with all living beings.
This shared life force is what makes human beings intrinsically connected to each other and to Nature, animals, plants, and everything else on this planet, but we’re too busy to be aware of it. Stopping the internal dialogue through meditation helps us become aware of these connections.
That sense of interconnection or oneness is the ultimate goal of yoga, and it’s why the yoga practice is such a perfect complement to spending time outside. Yoga unifies our individual consciousness with that of the Universal Consciousness, creating a perfect harmony between Man & Nature.
Time spent in nature, observing plants, animals, the elements, and experiencing the intricate connection between everything, ourselves included, is powerfully healing.
It’s not surprising that many people across the United States are looking for top yoga retreats offering yoga vacations and spa treatments featuring outdoor locations.
At The House of AïA you’ll be able to tap into these healing energies through our immersive spa experience at Atlantis Spa in the Jungle and our outdoor day yoga classes under the trees.
Practice Yoga Under the Jungle’s Canopy
Through experiences and participation, we are able to create an atmosphere where our guests can focus on what is most important: their unique and personal journey through consciousness on this tiny spec of dust in the universe.
Palmaïa’s holistic programming offers a variety of daily yoga classes guided by seasoned yoga teachers. Our in-house Personal Growth Guide, Balder, has shaped our Architects of Life program based on ancient knowledge and practices, giving way to over 20 rotating classes, rituals and ceremonies that allow for deep exploration of the physical body and the subconscious mind.
Fostering your connection to AïA and the surrounding collective is our Rituals Deck, a circular platform in the middle of the jungle where many of these holistic activities take place.
This open-air setting offers a full immersion in Nature as you breathe in and stretch out, lulled by the sound of the waves and the dancing shadows of the foliage caressed by the sea breeze.
An Infinite Space to Explore
Yoga has been around for centuries but it’s taken a while for the western world to finally catch up and realize the physical, mental, and emotional benefits it can bring to people’s lives.
Western medicine is now witnessing yoga’s effects on conditions such as chronic lower back pain and reducing inflammation in the body, which can help stave off chronic disease. anxiety, insomnia, and depression…
As part of our Gifting Lifestyle, all classes, ceremonies and rituals are included in your stay.
These are some of them:
- Therapeutic Yoga: Combines restorative yoga with breathwork and guided meditation. It is deeply meditative and is an excellent choice for those who need something gentle while bringing the body to balance and reducing stress.
- Partner: YogaDeepens and expands your current practice. With partner yoga, you’re able to add resistance and try new poses while deepening your bond and trust.
- Kundalini Yoga: A blend of Bhakti, Raja and Shakti yoga, it focuses on awakening the kundalini energy or divine energy through a practice of mantra, tantra and meditation. It is believed to lead to spiritual liberation.
- Hatha Yoga: A branch of yoga that includes the practice of asanas (yoga postures) and pranayama (breathing exercises), which help bring peace to the mind and body, preparing the body for deeper spiritual practices such as meditation.
- Vinyasa Yoga: Sometimes known as yoga flow, vinyasa is a style of yoga characterized by stringing asanas together so that you seamlessly move from one to another.
- Meditation: Meditation is a training for the mind and heart leading to the knowledge of greater mental and emotional freedom.
- Pranayama: A breathwork class that goes over the 11 different Pranayama breathing techniques to increase energy, reduce stress, and improve blood circulation and the immune system.
- Chi Kung,
- Tai Chi
- Ancestral Dance
- Sound Healing
- Tibetan Bowls
- Cacao Ceremony
- Rituals of Transmutation
Enjoying plant-based cuisine, Rituals of Sound sessions, the healing treatments of Atlantis Spa in the Jungle and our Architects of Life program, will lead you through a winding path of mindfulness discovery in order for you to reach equanimity and allow homeostasis of the body – all part of our Progressive Wellness philosophy.
by Gabriela Castro Wedel